Youth Diaper Drive Idea Zone
- A central collection area decorated with baby items is a great way to keep the drive in everyone’s mind. A playpen, crib, or large box covered in baby gift wrap works great.
- Challenge another class, grade, or even another school to collect diapers. Have the teachers or your principal challenge students to meet a diaper goal.
- At one Tucson Elementary School, the PTA runs their drive. Ask your PTA for support.
- A Diaper Drive is a great project for students to start learning goal setting, organization, and marketing skills.
- Use the concepts of poverty and philanthropy in your lesson plans. Discuss the cost of raising a family, minimum wage, the cost of diapers and other necessities as part of a family budget, and the importance of education.
- Teach your kids about how they can make a difference in the life of someone they don’t even know.
- Throw a fudgsicle or Tootsie Roll party for the class that raises the most diapers. Don’t forget to advertise your Diaper Drive in your school newsletters & daily bulletins.
- Have a special diaper drive in each class for diapers of different sizes.
- Have the first graders collect newborn sizes, the fourth grade size 4s, etc
- This will help the Diaper Bank collect diapers in all the sizes needed in our community.
- A Tucson school in a low income area did a penny drive and raised $250! Because the Diaper Bank can buy in bulk, we’ll count every 28¢ in cash donations as one diaper donated.
Have a kick-off event to get everyone excited and then have a wrap up so the students can see their accomplishment. One school talked the principal into wearing an oversize diaper costume at their kick off. The kids loved it!! Holding bake sales and dances as fund-raisers is a great way to help the Diaper Bank. We will credit your school with 1 diaper for every 28 cents you raise. Get started now with the Online Diaper Drive Kit!
Let us know you’re having a diaper drive and send us your unique ideas:
Diaper Drive Idea Form
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.